Welcome to Heavenly Manna, Inc. of Franklin County, Virginia
If you need food...
- Food assistance is based on financial income guidelines established by the USDA, though those who are over-qualified and have a need for food will be assisted.
- Families are limited to one box per month. The boxes we distribute are sized for families of 1-3, and 4-7, and additional food is provided to families of 7 or more. Only in special circumstances do we distribute more than one box per month to a family.
- You must bring your own box.
- If a month has five Mondays, we usually close one of those Mondays, and post the closing on doors and windows of our distribution center.
- If there is bad weather, we close when the school system closes.
We will be closed the following Mondays:
- March 30th - 5 Mondays
- May 25th - Memorial Day
- June 29th - 5 Mondays
- August 3rd - 5 Mondays
- Sept 7th - Labor Day
- Nov 30th - 5 Mondays
Heavenly Manna, Inc, a Franklin County, VA Food Bank, opened its doors for operation in 1991 and continues to serve the community today. Three people, Joyce Sigmon, the present director, and Bobby and Emmaline Sigmon, past directors, saw the need in the community for food assistance. Since that time many churches and community organizations have joined forces through financial assistance, food drives, and volunteering to combat hunger in Franklin County.
Heavenly Manna is operated by volunteer staff only, there are no salaried positions, no rent to pay, and the food costs are minimal. Minimal expenses equate to more quality food for those in need. The volunteers at Heavenly Manna, are compassionate, dedicated, and rooted in Christian values filling each box full of food and love.
Our mission is to provide food assistance to any family in need.
Our Hours are Mondays Only
10am – 5pm
540-483-3923 (Mondays Only)
Our Address is
2233 B South Main Street in
Rocky Mount, VA
We are three doors down from Davis Heating and Air Conditioning
* See Us Featured On HomelessShelterDirectory.org